Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rancho Margot

Rancho Margot is not only a vacation resort it is a glimpse of how life should be. Next morning after breakfast, we decide to tour the Rancho with the in house guide. We knew it was a self-sustainable farm but we got the details of what that really entailed. I am really glad we got the tour right at the beginning to get a deep appreciation of the food we were eating, and the swimming pool, the soap, the hot water we were using. Everything was coming from the farm. we learn about compost, recycling, how to treat farm animals, vegetable garden, herb garden, absence of pesticide and rescue center. Suddenly, I start eating scramble eggs in the morning because I saw how real free range were these chickens. How nothing was smelling bad not even the excrement!

We fed the pigs and the kids got a kick out of it, they were squeaking and the piglet were running around while Matthias and Oscar were trying to diect them toward the water hose.
I was in charge of the washing!

I went to a Yoga class under a beautiful palapa, built on the hedge of the river, around there was only green incredible forests and maybe there was not so much need of yoga after all. The instructor is a auper nice lady that gives the right vibes.

On my way back, I join the family enjoying the pool warmed by the compost and with no chlorine, it is pretty unbeatable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment